22 Mar International Restorative Conference comes to Halifax
Registration subsidies available for NSCJA members!
In 2016, the NSCJA is partnering with the International Restorative Conference scheduled for June 27 & 28, 2016 in Halifax, NS. This international learning event is designed to provide participants with theoretical knowledge and practical tools that NSCJA members can utilize in their work.
Our partnership takes the form of facilitating as much participation from our membership as possible to this learning event. In that vein, the NSCJA has created a conference subsidy to help subsidize a portion of the costs of attending and participating in the International Restorative Conference.
The NSCJA Conference Subsidy initiative is designed to provide modest financial support, therefore, applicants are expected to secure funding from other sources in order to supplement their full registration, travel and other related expenses as necessary. Subsidy amounts will range from $50-$250 per applicant; with final determination to be based on number of applications received and determinations of financial need.
NSCJA Conference Subsidy Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the conference subsidy, the following criteria will be considered and rated as part of the application process:
• Applicants must be current members of NSCJA in good standing and subsidies will be reserved for NSCJA members who are currently unwaged, students, employees or volunteers of non-profit agencies;
• Applicants must be residents of Nova Scotia; and
• Applicants must provide proof of registration for International Restorative Conference 2016 (i.e., screen shot of registration confirmation).
NSCJA Bursary Details & Process
• Funds available for subsidies are limited; subsidies will be awarded on an as-needed basis, and amounts may vary depending on number of funding requests received. All funding decisions are at the sole discretion of the NSCJA and are final.
• Subsidies will be awarded in full in advance of the Conference; no reimbursements of additional expenses incurred by participants will be considered by the NSCJA.
• Conference Subsidy applications will be accepted until Friday, May 27, 2016. Decisions will be communicated to all applicants by Friday, June 3, 2016. Applications now closed – deadline May 27
• Application form is provided below. Completed application forms and proof of conference registration to be sent via email (with attachments) to email@example.com