05 Feb Call for Nominations to the NSCJA Board of Directors
Date(s) - 02/05/2020 - 08/19/2020
12:00 am - 4:00 pm
Members of the Nova Scotia Criminal Justice Association (NSCJA) are invited to consider applying for membership on the NSCJA Board of Directors or the nomination of another person to serve on the NSCJA Board. The full letter of invitation can be viewed here: Call for NSCJA Board Nominations-2020
The criteria as Board Membership as a Director is: NSCJA-Board-Criteria
The application and nomination information required for this purpose is as follows:
- Completion of NSCJA Board Application
- Written resume by applicant or nominee that includes reference to NSCJA preferred board qualifications.
- Letter by applicant or nominee (maximum one page) that states why they would like to serve on the NSCJA Board and how their qualifications and experience would enhance the work of the board.
- Applications and Nominations must be accompanied by the nomination form, signed by a nominator who is a current NSCJA member.
The Membership Committee reserves the right to request two (2) letters of reference in support of the application if greater clarity is required regarding the preferred qualifications, skills, aptitude, and competencies of the applicant.
Information regarding Board membership is as follows:
- Directors are elected for a two-year term and may be re-elected for further terms.
- The Board meets quarterly on Fridays, late morning or from noon-2:00 pm in Halifax.
- Provision can be made for attendance by teleconference to promote participation from individuals outside Metro Halifax.
- Members are expected to attend board meetings and participate on a subcommittee of the Board.
- Nominees must agree in writing to accept the nomination.
- In order to be elected as a Director of the NSCJA, individuals must become members of the Association on or before the date of the Annual General Meeting, which is normally held in May.
Applications and nominations must be sent to the Membership Committee of the NSCJA by March 27, 2020. The NSCJA e-mail address is: email@example.com
Proposed nominees will be contacted prior to the AGM and provided with further information regarding the roles and responsibilities of the Board and Executive.
The Membership Committee will present a list of candidates to the Annual General Meeting that is normally held in May.
In the event that additional information or clarification regarding the above or attached is required, please contact me at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Past President and NSCJA Membership Chair